Updated Dog Policy
We welcome pets into our Garden Centre, as long as they are well behaved. Please bring them in to help you choose items for your garden or from our Pet, Aquatic and Reptile Centre. To make this an enjoyable time for you, your pet and other customers, please look at our guidance below.
- Guidance, hearing and assistance dogs are welcome in all areas
- Well behaved dogs welcome and must be on a lead at all times.
- Pets are not allowed in the Farm Shop or the inside area of the Restaurant.
- They are welcome to join you on the patio area of the Restaurant. Access to which can be found by using the outside passageway between the end of the Restaurant and the greenhouse.
- Please clean up after your dog. This is the owner’s responsibility. We have dog clean up stations around the site, we also sell poop bags in our Pet Centre.
- If your pet has an accident whilst here, please seek a member of staff and they will be able to supply you with the appropriate cleaning materials.
- Our staff will ask you to pick up or clean it up if you are seen to avoid cleaning up after your pet.
Our Dog Clean-Up Stations
We have made every effort to make cleaning up after your four-legged friends as easy as possible while you visit us. We have dog clean-up stations around site, which have fresh water and poop bags for use. Please dispose of your poop bag in the bin provided.
- Our Dog Clean -Up Stations are in the following locations:
- Main entrance
- Double doors leading to plant area
- Pet care Exit
- Compost run gates
- Outside entrance to the Sedum Restaurant patio.
What areas are dog friendly?
We welcome dogs in the main shop area, outdoor plants, landscapes and the Pet, Aquatic & Reptile Centre. Please be aware that not all our customers like dogs. So please be considerate to other customers and keep your dog under control.
Unfortunately, we do not allow dogs in the Sedum Farm Shop or in the servery area of the Sedum Restaurant.
We do however offer seating in the outside Sedum terrace, where you can sit with your dog.
Chessington Garden Centre reserves the right to ask anyone who does not comply with our policy, to remove their dog from the premises with immediate effect.
Chessington and other Pets
We know that dogs are one of the most popular pets to be brought in, however we also welcome other pets. If your best friend happens to be a cat, a parrot, a bearded dragon or even a snake we welcome all to our Pet Centre. Please be considerate of our staff & other customers who may not be animal lovers.