At Chessington Garden Centre we know that choosing the right furniture set, barbecue or outdoor kitchen is just the start. Getting it home or waiting for your delivery is often half the battle. We understand this and want to make things as easy as possible for you. We have clearly detailed our delivery service so you know what to expect and when to expect it, no hassle, right to your door.
Chessington Delivery Team
If you are lucky enough to live within the vicinity of Chessington Garden Centre then your delivery will be made by one of our own in-house delivery team*.
If purchasing your item in-store then we can guarantee you a date at the time of purchase. This will be delivered by our own team and will be happy to deliver this into your garden or home (restrictions permitted). Our team of friendly drivers will have arranged a date for delivery with you and call before arrival, you can sit back and know it's in good hands.
If purchasing via our website we want to make sure this gets direct to your door with no hassle. The delivery charge is based on the items that you are ordering and the total cost of your basket at checkout. This is calculated automatically but we have some information below to help with any potential questions.
- Orders shipped via DPD will incur a £4.95 delivery fee
- Orders shipped via Palletline (standard for furniture, large items and barbecues will incur a £25 delivery fee
- Orders shipped via our local delivery service (must be within our catchment area) will vary in charge and be specified at checkout.
- Small items (such as shop goods or gardening essentials) will be sent by a parcel courier with tracking.
- Large items (such as furniture or barbecues) will be sent via a large freight carrier with tracking. Please note that if the item you order will fit on a single pallet it will be delivered by pallet service, to your curb.
- Delivery of such items will take place Monday to Friday between 8.00 am-6.00 pm. The courier company will contact you to coordinate a convenient day for delivery.
- Local Delivery service will be delivered as a 2-man service, please see frequently asked questions for more information.
Delivery Fees and Service
If living in the local area your delivery will more than likely be delivered by our delivery team. Any deliveries outside of these areas will be delivered by our external courier services who will contact you to arrange the date of delivery.
When purchasing furniture online or in-store please consider the following questions, you will be asked these when purchasing in-store but may help with your purchase none the less.
Assembly of the item has been considered
Access to the garden is not restricted
Access through the home is not restricted
Are there any access restrictions?
Have you considered the distance from unloading to the final destination?
The Driver will access the situation on site & a safe delivery will be made at their discretion.
Vans entering the customer’s property do so entirely at the customer’s own risk. – We will endeavor to locate the delivery closest to the final location/where the customer requests. EG Back garden. The customer should explain where they would like the delivery to the driver when they arrive on site. The driver will do their best to accommodate this but will be at the drivers discretion.
The customer also accepts all risks for any deliveries requiring access through the property.
CGC is unable to guarantee specific delivery times and so is not liable for any losses or costs incurred by the customer while waiting for the goods to arrive.