Chessington Garden Centre – Christmas Wonderland – Closed from 20th December
Thank you for your patience regarding the latest tier 4 restrictions. It is with a heavy heart that we have to unfortunately announce that Santa’s Christmas Wonderland 2020 will be closing for the year. We have done everything we can to remain open but unfortunately our hands are tied with the government’s latest announcements.
We understand there will be many disappointed children and families and we have tried all we can to carry on as normal this year.
We also understand that there will be frustration for those that have booked for this to be taken away so close to Christmas. As an independent Garden Centre we appreciate the loyal support of customers, ever more so this year. We ask customers to please consider not just asking for a refund but moving tickets to 2021. This not only guarantees you a slot of your choice but also helps us be able to run this event year on year. Please do avoid calling, emailing or requesting any date changes or other communications while we try to get everything covered before Christmas. You can rest assured we will work through each booking that has been affected.
For now we ask for patience and hope you and your families have a safe and enjoyable Christmas, this is not the news we wanted and hope to see you again very soon.
Chessington Garden Centre – Christmas Wonderland – Terms and Conditions
- Child rates apply to children aged 1-12 years.
- Children under 1 year of age are permitted to purchase a ‘My First Christmas’ ticket, this will include a present token from Santa at the end of the experience.
- Adult rate applies for persons aged 13 and over however, if you wish to receive a present from Father Christmas you must purchase a child’s ticket.
- Children 16 and under must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Tickets can be purchased in-store from our Customer Services department or online via our website. We are regrettably unable to take bookings over the telephone.
- Events, activities or workshops specifically aimed at children will have age ranges stated at the point of sale.
- Where applicable, if food is provided and unless otherwise stated, food options will be available for selection on the day/night. Details of food options provided will be outlined at the point of sale.
- Tickets are valid only for the selected date and time, we ask you to arrive early to avoid disappointment. Due to COVID regulation, during Santa’s Christmas Wonderland we are limited on how many people we are allowed in the grotto at one time and therefore cannot guarantee entry if late for your time slot.
- Chessington Garden Centre recommends arriving at the Grotto Entrance a minimum of 10/15 minutes prior to your start time
- Late arrivals may be refused entry.
- Chessington Garden Centres operates a policy of no refunds or cancellations, except for extenuating circumstances and with management approval. *Please note that we cannot accept refunds or cancellations due to illness. We do ask if you are unwell you do not attend and call us first.
- Tickets are non-transferable. Any unlawful reselling (or attempting to do so) is prohibited and may result in the cancellation of the ticket without any refund or compensation and or the ticket holder being refused entry or removed from the relevant event, activity or workshop.
- E-tickets must be presented upon arrival to the event including printing your E-Ticket. We also accept E-tickets that are shown on a smartphone, tablet or any other device. Failure to present your ticket/s may result in your entrance to an event, activity or workshop being delayed.
- Chessington Garden Centre may request to see further identification at the point of entry.
- Chessington Garden Centre reserves the right to refuse entry.
- Chessington Garden Centre in its absolute discretion reserves the right at any time to cancel or amend events, activities, workshops, alter times, prices and services without notice.
- Before entry to Santa Christmas Wonderland, each individual will have their temperature measured. If their temperature measures 38C or higher then, unfortunately, you will be unable to enter our Christmas Wonderland. You will be given a Chessington Garden Centre Gift Card to the value of the ticket.
- Refunds are only given if Chessington Garden Centre is closed due to exceptional circumstances. *This includes COVID-19 and in the unlikely event that the Garden Centre is forced to close. If your local area does go into a government-enforced lockdown and you are unable to attend then we will be able to process a refund. We ask all customers if possible to move their ticket to 2021. This not only ensures we can operate year on year but allows those customers affected priority booking for next year.
- Update from 31st of October- Please note that if you purchase tickets after the 4-week lockdown announced on the 31st of October that initially lasts from 5th December to the 2nd of December then you will not be entitled to a refund.
- If the event, our Christmas Wonderland is cancelled in its entirety, Chessington Garden Centre will use our reasonable endeavours to notify you as soon as reasonably possible, including (if applicable) notifying you of the details of any re-scheduled dates and times (subject to availability). If you are not able to attend the rescheduled event, activity or workshop or it is not rescheduled, Chessington Garden Centres shall give you a refund of the purchased the ticket. This applies to a lockdown situation whereby the garden centre is unable to open.
- Refunds or any other type of compensation will not be available for disruption of an event which is from situations beyond the control of Chessington Garden Centres.
- Card payments are made on a secure server with full encryption of all card data. Card details and personal information will be kept secure and in line with Chessington Garden Centre Data Protection Policy.
- Chessington Garden Centre is a company committed to taking all reasonable steps in accommodating the needs of disabled people to enable them to enjoy the event. Our Christmas Wonderland has been designed with this in mind and ease of access.
- For those attending Santas Christmas Wonderland, we will ask all adults to wear masks for the duration of their visit, there will be photo opportunities at a social distance that one of our staff will instruct to remove the mask. We understand there are exemptions so please do not be offended if we challenge this but please provide a certified note regarding the reason for your exemption.
- Dogs and all other pets are not permitted within the retail area at Chessington Garden Centre or any events. This is with the exception of Assistant Dogs and some restrictions do apply. Please see contact our Customer Service department for further information at Chessington Garden Centre on 01372 725638 or email@example.com.
- Admission to any event, activity or workshop is at your own risk. Chessington Garden Centre will not be held liable for any loss, injuries or damages or emotional distress sustained at or during or following the event, activity or workshop including damage, theft or losses to property and motor vehicles.
- Please note that CCTV, film cameras and photographers may be present. By entering Chessington Garden Centre and the Santa Wonderland Experience, you consent to filming stills photography and sound recording and its use in distribution (commercial or otherwise) without any payment.
- If you experience any problems during the event, activity or workshop, please contact a member of Chessington Garden Centres staff, as it may not be possible to resolve issues after the event, activity or workshop.
- Due to announcements that we are to be in tier 3 from Wednesday 16th December, and you are not able to visit due to restrictions or isolation you must contact us before your booking. We will do what we can to move your booking and in cases will move to a booking for 2021. Refunds will not be given.
- You must contact us before your booking to be able to reschedule for 2021. If you do not contact us before your booking we will not be able to move your booking.
- Update from 20th December 2020 - if you request to move your tickets to our 2021 then you will surrender your right to a refund. Once the tickets have been successfully transferred then you cannot at a later date request a refund.
- Please note that due to further legislation regarding the 'rule of 6' we will be unable to allow bookings for groups larger than 6 people. This is in order to limit the number of people able to gather socially in England. Similar rules are also in place across Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. The Rule of Six applies to all indoor and outdoor spaces in England and Scotland and the new guidance states that hospitality businesses which are ‘COVID-19 Secure’ can host more than six people in total, but arriving groups should not be greater than six. This does mean that the booking limit will be 6 people per group. If you have booked for a group size larger than this we will still honour the booking but you will be split into smaller groups as you enter our experience should the 'rule of 6' still be in operation.
Please note that Chessington Garden Centre has the right to revise and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time and post the new version of such Terms and Conditions on the website. By continuing to purchase your E-ticket, you signify your agreement to be bound by the amended these Terms and Conditions.
If you have any queries with regard to the Chessington Garden Centres E-ticketing system or our Terms and Conditions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.