At Chessington Garden Centre your privacy is very important to us and we want you to know that we are taking all reasonable steps to protect any personal information we may gather when you use our website.
Chessingtongardencentre.co.uk (“this website”) is owned and operated by Chessington Nurseries Limited. This policy together with our Terms and Conditions explains how we may use the Personal Information that we collect from you when you visit this Site.
By accessing this Website you confirm to have understood and agreed to this policy.
When is information collected?
- When you visit this Website and other websites accessible from this Website
- When you register with and/or buy products or services on this Website
- When you take part in online promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires
- When you contact us via this Website e.g. contact customer services
- When you register to use our free Wi-fi service in store
- When you engage with us via Social Media
What information do we collect?
When you register for a service on this Website you may be asked to enter your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address. If you are ordering goods or services from this Website we will also require your payment card details, however for maximum security these are passed straight through to our PCI DSS compliant payment services provider, and are neither visible to, nor stored by us.
When you register for our free Wi-fi service in store we may track your visit using mobile device wireless information such as your MAC (Media Access Control) address but such information will not be associated with your personal information without your consent.
How do we use your information?
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) allows us to use your personal details ONLY when we have proper reason to:
- Contract – where your information is processed to fulfil a contractual agreement. For example, to send you an order you may have placed with us
- Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way. For example, storing your email address so we can send you regular updates on offers and products
- Legitimate Interest – in specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, we combine the shopping history of many customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand or develop new products/services.
- Legal Obligation – where there is a statutory or legal requirement to share your information. For example, for law enforcement purposes.
Who sees your information?
Please rest assured that your personal information is secure with us. We will not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to third parties without your prior permission except when we are required or permitted to do so by law. We may however share information in the following circumstances:
With other Group companies, our suppliers, subcontractors and business partners where necessary in order to operate this Site and/or to provide you with services that you have requested. Please be aware that if any of the above are located outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) their data protection laws may not be equivalent to the UK Data Protection Act 1998, if this is the case We will put in place appropriate contractual provisions to ensure that there are strict rules regarding both the confidentiality and security of your information.
With a new owner of this Site, in the event that We undergo a re-organisation of Our corporate group or sell any part of this Site, and you are a registered user of the services on the Site.
What else do you need to know?
We comply with the Data Protection Act of 1998 (the “Act”) and with all other applicable UK data protection and privacy legislation.
We take the security of your Personal Information seriously and take all reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of it. Our agents, suppliers, subcontractors and business partners who have access to your Personal Information are also required to keep that information confidential and secure and are not permitted to use it for any other purpose other than to carry out the provision of services which they are providing to Us or otherwise as set out in this Privacy Statement.
We have a secure server that uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to protect your Personal Information.
If you have any questions concerning Our Privacy Statement, you can contact our Customer Service Team on 01372 725638