For a moss-free lawn Westland Lawn Sand is ideal. It is used to control moss in established lawns. Lawn Sand blackens the moss and thickens the lawn, as well as making it a lush green colour. It also helps improve drainage for lawns growing on heavy soils.
- Traditional moss treatment
- Kills moss in days
- Feeds for greener and thicker results
Your lawn should thicken and become a lush green colour. The moss will blacken as it dies. Any blackening of grass is only temporary and will grow out as you continue mowing.
- Raking can remove dead moss or scarify 7-14 days after treatment
- Re- treatment may be necessary for heavy moss infestation, or if moss returns
- Do not apply more than 2 times in any one season. Allow 40 days between applications.
How to Use?
Application by Hand
Mark out areas to be treated. Sprinkle evenly at a rate of 80 grams per square metre over the marked area. It is good practice to wear gloves when using this product.
Application by Lawn Spreader
Mark out areas to be treated. Apply evenly at 80 grams per square metre over the marked area with a suitably calibrated granular applicator.
Avoid walking on treated areas until it has rained or the product has been watered in.
If no rain falls within 48 hours of treatment, water the treated grass. Keep children and pets away from treated areas until granules have been watered in.
When to Use?
Westland Lawn Sand is used to control moss in established lawns. Apply when moss is actively growing.
Do not apply during drought or freezing conditions or when rain is falling or imminent. To avoid drift of granules or dust onto plants, patios or ponds do not apply in windy weather.
Grass should not be cut 3 days before treatment and not cut again until at least 4 days after treatment.
Each granule contains a blend of two ingredients that work together to condition your lawn:
1. Lawn Fertiliser – a nitrogen fertiliser that feeds the grass, encourages growth, delivers a deeper green colour and a healthier lawn.
2. Ferrous Sulphate – kills the moss causing it to blacken and die
- Promotes drainage for lawns growing on heavy soils
- Kills moss quickly
- Greens up lawns
|Direct from Supplier
We are all about relaxing and making your life as easy as possible. This continues with our delivery service, making a delivery to your door as hassle-free as possible. We work closely with dedicated courier services ensuring your products are delivered directly to your door as quickly and smoothly as possible.
The delivery charge is based on the items that you are ordering and the total cost of your basket at checkout. This is calculated automatically but we have some information below to help with any potential questions. All furniture and barbecues will be sent on a pallet service unless otherwise specified.
If you are lucky enough to live in our delivery catchment area then our friendly delivery team will be delivering your order. They will contact you prior to your delivery to confirm a suitable date. Please note that they will not be able to enter your garden or premises and the delivery will be curbside.
Important Delivery Information
- Once an item has been ordered, please allow 5-7 working days. In some cases, items will be dispatched sooner.
- If your order is to be delayed for any reason you will be notified
Delivery to UK Mainland Only
- Orders shipped via DPD will incur a £4.95 delivery fee
- Orders shipped via Palletline will incur a £25 delivery fee
- Orders shipped via our local delivery service (must be within our catchment area) will vary in charge and be specified at checkout.
Our Delivery Services
- Small items (such as shop goods or gardening essentials) will be sent by a parcel courier with tracking
- Large items (such as furniture or barbecues) will be sent by a large freight carrier with tracking. All furniture and barbecues will be sent on a pallet service unless otherwise specified.
- Delivery of such items will take place Monday to Friday between 8.00 am-6.00 pm. The courier company will contact you to co-ordinate a convenient day for delivery.
Please contact us if you have any questions or requirements. Full contact details can be found at the bottom of our page.