Try our delicious Pumpkin Soup this Halloween
Why not try something new this Halloween and make our delicious Pumpkin and Parsnip Soup. We cooked it all on one of our Traeger Grills. With a little bit of prep, we could just leave it to do its thing.
We know many people cant trick or treat this Halloween so let's do something different at home. This healthy wholesome soup is perfect with some warm sourdough bread and as the nights get a little chilly there’s nothing more satisfying than coming home to a tasty bowl of piping hot soup.
- 1 Tbs chili oil (can use vegetable oil)
- 2 small onions
- 1 Tbs mild curry powder
- 1 large culinary pumpkin around 750g
- 2 large parsnips
- 500ml of water
You could add;
- natural yogurt
- pumpkin seeds
- chopped fresh coriander
- crusty bread
- Set your Traeger (or oven) to 180
- Peel and slice your pumpkin into medium-size chunks. Also cut pumpkin and onion into smaller chunks. Tip for Later; Keep the Seeds
- Drizzle with chili oil and whack on the grill for 60 minutes or until soft.
- Once grilled add ingredients to a large cooking pot, add 500ml of water and blend.
- Leave to simmer on a lower heat around 140 or so for 45 minutes.
- While simmering toast the pumpkin seeds until golden brown
There you go, ready to serve, pour straight into bowls, top with a little yogurt and toasted seeds. Ready for a Halloween feast. So easy to do again and again as the nights draw in. Let us know what you think.